[Raman Application] Identification of cancer cell
Identification of cancer and normal cell of Oral by MRI
Protein phosphorylation in particular plays a significant role in a wide range of cellular processes. Its prominent role in biochemistry is the subject of a very large body of research. Phosphorylation turns many protein enzymes on and off, thereby altering their function and activity. The oral cancers may originate in any of the tissues of the mouth, and may be of varied histologic types: teratoma, adenocarcinoma derived from a major or minor salivary gland, lymphoma from tonsillar or other lymphoid tissue, or melanoma from the pigment-producing cells of the oral mucosa. There are several types of oral cancers which have different functional groups. Raman can play the important role in detecting various functional groups and then differentiate cancer cell from normal cell easily.
Human Cancer and Normal Oral Cells are acquired under agreement of patients in hospital and detected via PTT Micro Raman system with 633 nm laser to measure both cells. Different peaks are revealed between cancer and normal cells. For example,
1. In Peak 524 and 543 cm-1 of both cells, normal cell shows higher peak than cancer cell-1 peak than Cancer cell.
2. Peak 897 cm-1 is from 923 cm-1 (normal cell).
3. In peak 1,235 cm-1, positive peak show in cancer cell but lack in normal cell.
4. In peak 1,117 cm-1, normal cell shows positive peak in contrary to cancer cell with no or shift and weak results.
5. In peak 1,358 cm-1, normal cell shows positive peak in contrary to cancer cell with no or shift and weak results.
6. In peak 1,597 cm-1, normal cell also shows positive peak in contrary to cancer cell with no or shift and weak results.
In conclusion, we can easily tell the differences between normal and cancer cell via Raman shift initially.